Tuesday, January 22, 2008

EDPA 5356 Students


EDPA 5356 Students

Hello from Zambia. I am so sorry to miss our first class of the semester but you are in excellent hands with Marijo and Maggie.

Have any of you traveled to Zambia before? I will be curious to talk with you about your African experiences when I am in class next week.

If you read this “blog” you will begin to hear about some of my experiences and travels over here. I have been unable to put into words much of what I have been thinking about as I observe and experience what this trip has offered me. I have now had a chance to see and observe many programs for people with disabilities. I am struck at what best practice means here and what it means in the US and how these compare. More importantly thinking about why these differences exist and what the similarities are is critical.

I am invigorated by the opportunity to host a group of disability professionals from Zambia in April in the US. I am hoping they will all be able to join one of our Thursday evening classes as a part of their training. Enjoy your first class and I will see you next week.

Amy

No comments: